Chiang Mai International Airport is an international airport serving Chiang Mai, the capital city of Chiang Mai Province in Thailand. It was established in 1921 as Suthep Airport.
It is the major gateway to the north of Thailand, and currently the fourth busiest airport in the country. As of 2010, 17 airlines operate services and more than 3,000,000 passengers, 15,000 flights and 16,000 metric tons of cargo are handled. It is open in the evening until midnight to cater for night departures and re-opens at 5am.
As a result of the temporary closure of Suvarnabhumi Airport in 2008 due to the protests, Chiang Mai became the alternative stop-over for China Airlines’ Taipei-Europe flights and for Swiss International Airlines’ Singapore-Zurich flights in the interim. On 24 January 2011, the airport became a secondary hub for Thai AirAsia.
The airport resides at an elevation of 1,036 feet (316 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,100 by 45 metres (10,171 ft × 148 ft).
There are two terminals, one for domestic passengers and the other for international flights.
You will receive confirmation of your bookings availability within 1 minute of booking time. Most of the booking is auto confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email.
- Auto Pre-Paid Booking:- Any auto pre-paid booking is confirmed automatically when pay us via our payment gateway system.
- Partial Payment:- All booking with partial payment is non refundable and confirmed automatically.
- Pay latter booking:- Any booking where you have selected to pay latter is not confirmed unless you update us with your room number and hotel check in- information.
- Our pick up time and Guide Numbers of tours would be confirmed by our Customer Service Representative before 12 hours of tours date. (In case of Join Tours,)
- For All Private Tours all pick up points is already mentioned in our itinerary.
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email.
- Please send us your room number and local number if you have any to firstname.lastname@example.org with your booking confirmation number.
- Children aged 0-2 can join the tour for free provided they do not occupy an additional seat
- Children aged 3-8 would be charged 75% of tours rate.
- Children over 8 would be considered as adult
- Our tours is available almost everyday, in case of any urgency or cancellation we will inform you before 12 hours of tours time. Our Customer Service Representative may suggest you some other day or refund you money immediately.
- This tour is available in English language only but you can request Private tour for many different languages Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Please specify your preferred language if you make a private tours booking.